Chocolate Almond Banana Wheels
I'm pretty sure banana wheels are a staple in most kid diets, so this snack (or some derivative of it) has been in my life since the beginning. But I don't love bananas... there's something about the texture that sometimes makes me gag. But banana wheels with almond butter and chocolate... now that's a different story!
These are best served chilled and/or frozen. Good when you are in the mood for something a little more interesting than just a plain ol' banana (like I was today!).
5 minute prep | 1 hour chill time (or less if you are impatient)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- 1-2 tbsp of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Toothpicks (*optional)
- Cut banana into 16-20 wheels.
- Place half of the wheels in a freezer safe bowl.
- Add dab of almond butter to each.
- Place second layer on top of almond butter, use toothpicks to keep "sandwich" together if necessary.
- Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips for 1 minute, stir, add 15 seconds and stir, repeating if necessary.
- Remove toothpicks and pour chocolate over bananas. You may need to smooth over with a spoon.
- Place back in freezer for 45 minutes (or 5 minutes if you are impatient!) and enjoy!