Chocolate Avocado Pudding
I used to make this all. the. time. when I worked at Goldman. It was my "yay, I made it through the day" reward. I had a trusty recipe that I used, but now, I can't for the life of me find it! For some reason I'm remembering the website had something to do with a cowgirl? Unfortunately, no word combo of googling brought me to my old faithful recipe, but I really felt like having it today (it's been over 2 years since I made it... not sure what made me think of it!), so I tossed together what I could remember + what I thought would taste good. Not mad about the result! Only issue... not eating it all in one sitting...
10 minute prep time | 2 hour chill time
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 1/2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (+ maybe a splash) of almond milk
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- Sprinkle of sea salt for the top (*optional)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor. You could also use a blender, but I've found the food processor yields a better consistency.
- Pulse all ingredients together until smooth. It takes about 1 full minute of mixing time to get that creamy, velvety texture. I've tried making this by hand in the past (before I had a food processor), and it works... OK, but the pudding is a bit lumpy compared to what you can do in the machine.
- Place in container and sprinkle with a dusting of sea salt. Chill mixture 2 hours.
- Enjoy! (and again, try not to eat it all at once)