Go-To Green Smoothie
The last few weeks have been a struggle in the veggie department. I usually have steamed something with breakfast, sauteed something with lunch, and some greens/salad for dinner. But recently... just not happening for one reason or another. Luckily it's also getting warmer outside, so I'm going back to my green smoothie routine from a couple years ago when I used to make them every day.
I got my Vitamix almost 4 years ago now, and it was worth every penny! Mine is refurbished (i.e. half the price of a new one), and I've never had any issues, so I would recommend going that route if the $400 price tag for a new one throws you. But having a good blender will massively change your smoothie game. There are infinite recipe possibilities, but this is my favorite no fruit (besides dates) go-to option.
5 minute assembly | 2 minutes clean-up (gotta clean the blender right away so the blade doesn't get dull)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (or green of choice)
- 2 stalks celery (you can't taste it)
- 1/2 cup almond milk + a few tbsp if needed
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1-2 pitted dates (I used 2 today, smaller dates)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3 cubes of coconut milk (*frozen ahead of time, details below)
- 3 ice cubes
- Add ice cubes and coconut cubes to blender first.
- Add protein powder, celery, dates, and almond butter, top off with spinach.
- Add almond milk and blend until smooth (I start with a variable speed and gradually increase it).
- Pour into glass and enjoy!
*I like to keep a ice-tray of coconut cubes ready to go in the freezer (just pour a can of coconut milk into the ice-tray and freeze). The frozen coconut milk cubes makes the smoothie really creamy and delicious. You can add regular ice cubes if you are out of this ingredient.