Green Chile Ground Turkey
Sometimes ground turkey can be a little dry (blah), so when in doubt, add green chile! I know, I know, I'm partial, grew up on the stuff, but I'm telling you this recipe is so flavorful, NOT dry at all, and only takes 10 minutes to make. Plus you can get the green chile from Trader Joe's (it's not that spicy) for like $3 even if you don't live in New Mexico. I suggest you put it on pretty much everything.
1 minute prep | 7-8 minute cook time
- Ground turkey
- Green chile (yes that is spelled correctly)
- Ginger (surprise ingredient!)
- Pre-heat pan while gathering spices. Open turkey package, dump onto pan, and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Add a layer of chile, salt, pepper, garlic and stir.
- Add a light dusting of ginger (sounds weird, but pairs nicely with the chile).
- Cook until all pink is gone.
- Transfer to storage container and let sit on counter for about 10 minutes before putting in the fridge. Or you can just eat it right away like I usually do!
My favorite ways to eat this are over rice, red beans (or pinto), or some combo of those two things in a wheat wrap. I also add salsa... because why not, but you don't need anything else, the flavors speak for themselves!