(No) Microwave Popcorn
I don't know about you, but I love movie popcorn. There's something about the smell and texture... Mmmmm. But it's T E R R I B L E for you. I don't even want to know the full ingredient list. And microwave popcorn isn't much better either, even the "healthy" ones. But have no fear, you can still have delicious tasting popcorn that won't eat away at your daily calorie allotment and you don't need a popper. It's also just as easy as microwave popcorn, and you only need a couple ingredients.
3 minutes to pop | 2 minutes for drizzle + 10 minutes to refrigerate
- 1/4 cup Popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- Option 1: Sea salt to taste
- Option 2: 1/4 cup Enjoy Life chocolate drizzle (*optional)
- Turn large pot on to high heat and add coconut oil.
- Let it heat up for about 2 minutes.
- Add kernels and close the lid.
- If the pot is nice and hot, it'll only take about 20 seconds to pop everything, just listen for the slow down and turn heat off when it does.
- Remove popcorn from pot immediately into glass bowl after turning off heat. If you leave it in the pot it will burn.
- For option 1, just add sea salt and enjoy!
- For option 2, microwave chocolate chips for 1 min and stir, add another 15 seconds and stir, and add another 15 seconds if needed.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread popcorn evenly.
- Drizzle chocolate over popcorn with a spoon (I've found that using a "flicking" motion with your wrist works best), add sea salt to taste.
- Mix popcorn with hands to fully coat with chocolate (yes, it's messy).
- Refrigerate tray for 10 minutes, then enjoy!
- Bonus Options: Cinnamon and coconut sugar, or chili power and sea salt.
This popcorn is so easy and is a delish snack for movie nights or when you need something crunchy.