Very Berry Margarita (no sugar added!)
I really enjoy a good cocktail or great glass of wine. I just do. Sometimes I wish I was one of those people who naturally "didn't like" alcohol (I mean, it's kinda hard to argue that it's healthy), but that's just not me. I'm a fan.
Which is why you will never hear me tell you that you have to give it up completely in order to be healthy.
Quick caveat, there are times where I recommend taking a break from alcohol. As I said, it's hard to argue that it's "healthy", so if your fat loss progress is stalled, or you can't remember the last time you went 24 hours without alcohol in your system, I recommend taking a few weeks off to see how your body reacts.
There is also a way to drink smarter, at least as far as your waistline is concerned. Most mixed drinks, especially margaritas which are my fav, are loaded with calories and added sugar. Sad face.
So try this no sugar added version instead!
This refreshing berry margarita only has ~50 calories and 5 grams of fat per 1 oz of Tequila. The La Croix adds nothing but fun bubbles and a splash of berry flavor, and the only sugar you'll find is from the blackberries. #winning
5 minutes total
- 1-2 oz Tequila per drink (I recommend a Blanco variety for fruit or berry drinks. My fav here)
- 2-3 blackberries per drink (or other berry of choice)
- 1 can Berry flavored La Croix (1 can works for two drinks)
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- Mash 2-3 berries per drink. Ideally, if you are fancy and have a muddler, this works best. I happen to be in-between moves at the moment so improvised by using the end of a shot glass. College did teach me something...
- Add 1-2 oz of Tequila per drink and mix with mashed berries
- Shake with ice cubes. Again, ideally you'd have a shaker, but if not (like me at the moment), you can use your protein powder shaker bottle.
- Strain into a glass and add ice.
- Add 2-3 drops of Stevia if you like drinks on the sweeter side.
- Top with La Croix and frozen berries for garnish and enjoy!
Cheers to guilt-free(ish) drinks!