Why September is The Best for Healthy Routines
You know it’s the official end of summer when you start to see pumpkin spice lattes being advertised. Every year it feels a little too early (but it seems like Starbucks starts earlier and earlier every year…), but it’s also nice to be ushered into a new season.
And PSL’s are delicious.
Summer will always be my favorite, but I what I love about fall is the return of routine (and sweatshirts). Maybe it’s the school kid in me, but I believe that September is the best month for getting back to your goals.
Even if you aren’t as nostalgic about back to school as me, here are three major reasons September is kind of the best for healthy habits (and how you can take advantage!).
1. The temps are in the Goldilocks zone. It’s not too hot and not too cold, it’s just right! This means that walking to the gym isn’t uncomfortably hot or unbearably cold. It means that you can turn on your oven without passing out from heat exposure. And for most states, especially my east coast friends, this delicate weather window doesn’t last long, so take advantage!
2. You probably already took your summer holiday. Which is great! As you should. But now that you’ve had your fun in the sun, you’re likely mentally back from vacation and are ready to hit up your to do list.
3. The kids are back in school. Even if you don’t have kids yourself, the vibe in the office changes when class is back in session. There are less people are requesting days off, and because it’s still light outside and the weather is delightful, the mood generally seems ready for productivity.
So how can you take advantage of this?
1. Join a gym, or a studio, or sign up for an fall race. This is the perfect time to get back on the fitness band wagon. Most places even run fall specials, so you can likely get a discount or even a month for free.
2. Start cooking again! When the sun is beating down, it’s very difficult to stay motivated in the kitchen. But now that temps are cooling down, it’s the perfect time to eat a home again. Aim to replace 2-3 meals you normally eat out with home-cooked options. It will save you money and your waistline will thank you. Also, soup. You must try this one.
3. Join a fitness community. Fitness isn’t a meant to be done alone (or at least I don’t think so). One of the best ways to keep yourself accountable is to link up with other like minded people. The KBCC Community group is one of my favorite features about my WRK app. Each time someone completes a workout, it’s logged for other members to see. Seeing other people workout has certainly helped me get in a sweat or two recently! Even if you just link up with a friend for accountability, don’t go it alone.
Need a community to connect with? Whether you need personal accountability, or just like to see other people also working hard, my WRK App will help you! You will be notified when other members check in and hit personal bests, and it’s always encouraging to know other people are crushing it. Click below to get started!